Here it is the moment we’ve all….well at least I’ve been waiting for. The Luna Moth shawl is finally finished blocked and being modeled in the usual shawl prOn style 😉
I think it turned out really well and was basically an easy knit, just one that I didn’t stick to and I’m not really sure why. I guess there were too many other projects to distract me plus everyone at work seems to get knocked up at the same time so I was stuck in a baby sock rut for a while.
I mentioned last post that I was making a case for my new iPod…here it is in all of it’s Noro goodness. the original plan was for a long thin case but somehow my calculations were skewed and I ended up with more of a square case. This as I discovered after felting and finishing works to my advantage as I can store my iPod and earbuds in the same case. I added an antique button from my grandma’s button box. Doesn’t everyone’s grandma have one?
Speaking of Noro lets touch on Noro Kureyon sock yarn ….Noro how do I frog thee? let me count the ways. Three…. at last count. This yarn sort of freaks me out. It doesn’t have the give that plied yarn has so trying to find a pattern that will have a little sproing is a challenge. I started out with sort of a zig zag pattern that looked really cool with the yarn but didn’t have the bounce, I then went with my standard garter rib stitch and at 66 cast on stitches it was huge. So I started looking for patterns at a 60 stitch cast on count. I found one in my Favorite Socks book called Mock Wave Cable Socks. It calls for starting with a size 3 needle and then dropping down to a 2 but I decided that would make it too gappy and sloppy so I am starting with a 2 and then dropping down to a one. My try on seems to be just fine so we’ll see how they work up. I cant say that I’m in love with this yarn as far as feel and workability but the colors are superb so I guess it’s typical Noro.
As I mentioned I’ve had the entire week off from work. I have managed to somewhat relax but I have also gotten a few things done around the house. The major thing was getting the computer updated. It had been about six years so we were ready…or should I say I was ready. Mr Larj has an irrational fear of change so he didn’t cope well with the change of certain programs etc. Oh well. Now I only have two days left and it’s back to more of the same. I usually am sort of “ready” to go back but… not this time. I think I am truly in a rut as far as my job and profession go. Sigh…. Maybe someday I’ll be able to survive on full time artist’s pay but not at this point in my life. Other than that nothing new and exciting though…I did print off Clapotis yesterday………..
Everyone have a great weekend!!